- The Open Schedule: You will have the following opportunities each week to complete the Open workouts.
- Thursday Night Throwdown: 8 pm at both Potomac and Patriot CrossFit, each week, two teams will send members to go head-to-head. Anyone is welcome to join them on this WOD or just to come and cheer them on. We’ll be watching the live announcement each week and then doing the WOD immediately after.
- Fridays @ Patriot: All Friday classes will be the Open workout. Join Coach LJ’s 6:30 PM Overtime class for an extra opportunity if you are unable to make the workout earlier in the day.
- Saturdays @ Potomac: All Saturday classes will be completing the Open workout.
- Sunday @ Patriot: 1 pm – Special Class
- Join PCF at The Liberty Tavern on March 13th at 7:30PM for a Happy Hour, hosted by long-time member Rick Skigen, to Benefit the Epilepsy Foundation. Rick’s niece has been battling absence and myoclonic seizures more than half of her life and he needs your help raising awareness and raising money to find a cure! Click here to donate!
- The Intramural Open | Event 8: Submit this form to earn points for Event 8 for your Team. Want to earn points for your Team for Event 8? Here’s a list of ways to do it.
- Weekly Open Workout Predictions: Click this form to submit a prediction for this week’s Open workout, the most accurate prediction earns 10 points for their team!
- The Intramural Open | Weekly Spirit of the Open: Seen someone that has truly stood out as positive, hard working, persevering, and friendly this past week during The Open? Nominate them to win this week’s Spirit of the Open award.
- Speed Camp w/ Coach Dennis: Speed Kills! Don’t be in the back of the pack, Sign up today for PCF Speed Camp beginning April 2nd at Patriot. “Man I wish I wasn’t so fast” -Said by no one…ever. To protect the sheep, you have to catch the wolf. And, it takes a wolf to catch a wolf, understand? Improve quick twitch muscle fibers, strengthen the hips, knees, and ankles, as well as increase core strength and flexibility. Mondays and Thursdays at 6:30 PM at Patriot CrossFit starting April 2nd.
- Extra Helmand Province T-Shirts: Joe Lieber has a bunch of extra t-shirts from the Antonik t-shirt drive he is going to sell and then donate proceeds to charity. If you didn’t get a chance to order one, please click on his name to email him and see if he has a shirt left in your size.
- Potomac Hoodie Order 2.0! Based on feedback we have decided to do another run of PCF Fitness Hoodies. Click here to purchase yours today! All orders must be placed by COB March 12th!
AMRAP in 9 Minutes
10 SDHP (115/80)
7 Handstand Push-up
AMRAP in 9 Minutes
10 SDHP (85/60)
7 Abmat Handstand Push-up
Army Captain Paul Pena, 27, of San Marcos, Texas, died on Jan. 19, 2010, from wounds sustained from an enemy force’s improvised explosive device. Pena was leading a patrol in Arghandab River Valley in Afghanistan at the time of his death. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 508th Parachute Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division in Fort Bragg, North Carolina.
Pena participated in the Junior ROTC program at San Marcos Baptist Academy and later graduated from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. He maintained his fitness with CrossFit workouts and particularly enjoyed running, burpees, push-ups and pull-ups.
He is survived by his mother, Cecilia.
40:00 Minute Time Cap
This is just come extra notes that someone may want to include to assist the class in understanding how to approach the WOD or scale specific movements.
At the start of each AMRAP, start over at sets of 2